Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Chromebooks: Tech Talk

Personally, I'm a giant tech nerd. I love computers, technology, and game consoles. So when I heard about the Chrome OS, I expected a Windows ripoff, knowing Google. But I was surprised to see that it seemed to be a mix of OS X Mavericks and Ubuntu Linux, and I really like the polished appearance of it.The laptops come in different varieties core-wise. Dell, Intel, etc. The only thing I'm really disappointed about is the fact you can't download anythingAnything! Yes, you can save it to drive and get chrome apps, but any other windows/mac/linux program is incompatible. That's one of my only problems with it.

I love the easy startup. It reminds me of the Mac's sleep mode and how you can turn the computer/monitor off and on very quickly in rapid succession. A problem with this, though, is that connecting back to the internet is a pain. Sometimes it takes minutes to reconnect. It's a small inconvenience, but I'm just nitpicking here. It's a nice OS and it's small but functional. 

In terms of physical features, I was a bit confused about how there's no caps-lock button. Yes, you could hold shift, but caps-lock is fun now and again. The screen display is a decent quality, and the keys are really nice and aren't choppy, laggy, or too big like the Windows keyboards. I also like how it's lightweight and easy to carry, much like the Macbook Air.

All in all, it's a nice little computer with a few quirks. I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment